Ananda Seva Mission
An international spiritual community dedicated to meditation, yoga and service to humanity.
Our Ashram is located in beautiful Bennett Valley in Northern California ~ Ananda Kamalalaya ~
Join us during our weekly group Meditations, Satsangs, or Kirtan & Chanting, Drumming & Dance evenings. Or inquire about our individualized meditation instructions, or daily Yoga classes. We also seminars, retreats and trainings for aspiring Yoga Teachers, Yoga Therapy Training, and advanced healing therapies.
Please visit our website and join our mailing list & sign up to get local announcements about upcoming Kirtans & Meditations, and special events with visiting Swami's and Baba Talks.
Our Mission: Ananda Seva seeks to disseminate, promote, and implement ideals and principles based in Dharma, to fulfill the uplifting of the human spirit for the betterment of society, and the welfare of all living beings.
Our work is fundamentally based in the teachings of our Guru, Shrii Shrii Anandamurti (Baba). To implement this mission, Ananda Seva provides services in the following areas:
* Spiritual Development. The first area in which Ananda Seva provides service is spiritual. Ananda Seva offers practical approaches for individual spiritual development through meditation and yoga, utilizing the eight limbs of ashtanga yoga, as taught by our Guru, Shrii Shrii Anandamurti. Ananda Seva provides community to support the spiritual growth of individuals, provide positive social activities, and give opportunities to express compassion through social service.
Connecting with the Feminine through our discussions on Feminine mysticism practices are encouraged for the spiritual growth of women. Ananda Seva holds Yoga and Meditation retreats several times a year to gather in community and bring inspiration to our practices. Spiritual Development Yoga Teacher Trainings, are all offered to further growth of spirit, as well as residential opportunities for study in our
* Psycho-Spiritual Wisdom Second is disseminating metaphysical and mystical knowledge, with the psycho-spiritual development of both individuals and society. Ananda Seva offers book, CD's and DVD's, and local workshops of intuitive spiritual discourses on all knowledge areas, retreats and a wide variety of trainings to fulfill this service goal.
* Neohumanism Third is the development of neohumanism — an approach that provides a unifying value base for society and an outlook that fosters respect for all living beings. A meta movement based in neohumanism can unite and provide common cause for ecological, human rights, sustainability, social justice, and humanitarian movements. Ananda Seva explores these ideas in writings and offers a booklet on the subject, as well as trainings through the PROUT Institute.
* Spirit Based Socioeconomic Development Fourth is the development and promotion of the Progressive Utilization Theory (PROUT). PROUT is a new paradigm of development intended to guide society toward a balanced, equitable, dynamic and wholesome expression. It is a progressive and comprehensive social theory, articulated within a spiritual outlook. Ananda Seva has supported the development of the PROUT Institute, offers books on PROUT, study groups and trainings through the Institute.
* Scientific and Technical Development The fifth area is the development of new scientific ideas to extend and better utilize technology for human development. In particular, a deeper understanding and application of subtle life force, new sources of energy, advancing the development of yoga therapy, cosmic theory and the application of new agricultural methods are being explored. Many writings on these subjects are available through Ananda Seva, as well as Yoga therapy trainings, student research papers and a directory of yoga therapists.
CallSend SMSAdd to SkypeYou'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype